ON THE MOVE - latest album
"Their second LP is an aged-in-the-wood delight of fiddle, mandolin, accordion, guitars and keyboards texturing swinging rock'n'roll."
Mat Snow | Q | Read all the reviews
The band's latest album, 'On The Move', features five originals songs writtten by the band, three songs of Ronnie's (including 'The Poacher'), and three 'covers' (including a Leadbelly song and the Balham Alligators' 'Hey Hey, Ho Ho). We've had a lot of fun making it – in true Slim Chance style - and we think and trust that you'll like it. The album is available through all the usual channels and also as a CD from this website.
RONNIE LANE, renowned for his part in both the Small Faces and the Faces, wrote some of the most heartfelt and haunting songs of the 60s and 70s. Shunning commercial success he created and toured with his travelling circus, the Passing Show, and left a highly influential musical legacy. More
Read some of the band's anecdotes or find out more about available online resources.
JOIN OUR MAILING LIST and keep up to date with what's happenning and where Slim Chance are playing next.
Let the people speak!
- Greetings from America!
Slim Chance w/ Alun, please come to America!
Please forward this message to Mr. Davies for me. His album DAYDO, is among my favorite records!
All the best - Gary Norris, Seattle
- Hello! I just wanted to say how much me and my friends enjoyed Saturday night in Worthen! It was really brilliant and everyone enjoyed themselves so much! The songs were so much like the originals and a great time was had by all of us!!
- You’ve got to be up on your feet with Slim Chance. It was a great show.
All the best, Rob
- Just a quick line to say how much we enjoyed the gig on Saturday night we thought it was fantastic, hope you get around the area again soon. Highlight of the evening, The Poacher, brilliant.
Regards Max Beddow
- On the night i was over whelmed and cried at a few songs especially when Stan Lane cried at DEBRIS it set me off to. I am still buzzing from that night . I honestly listen to Slim Chance EVERY DAY at some point as it just keeps me going . I cant wait to see them again and i hope Ronnie is looking down and enjoying the show too .
Kind Regards Iris Jones
- His music is a treasure that he left for us to enjoy. If Slim Chance plays anywhere near me, I will be there.
- The band was exceptional and did Ronnie's (& a few others) songs proud. The feel, the craftsmanship and general good vibe in the band made it a memorable night for me and the 4 others in our party.
- Thanks to you and the chaps for last nights gig. Wonderful joyous stuff.
Had to write this, when I found you guys had reformed it put a huge smile on my face! This is excellent news.
Ronnies/your music is a permanent addition in my collection and played on a regular basis and there's a new generation of kids listening to it now... mainly my kids 8yrs & 5yrs they love it too.
- I just had to drop you all a line to say how the family and myself thoroughly enjoyed your performance at Rhythm Festival 2011, on Saturday afternoon. You were in my opinion the best act of the day
- Just wanted to say congratulations and thanks for a great evenings entertainment, haven’t enjoyed myself so much for years! Single is great too. Cheers Phil Babbs
- Went to see Slim Chance at the Borderline recently - absolutely brilliant show!
- It’s about twenty-five years ago I‘ve heard the music of Slim Chance for the first time. It’s was beautiful. Today I’m hearing the new cd every day travelling by car. Your music is like a very old single malt whisky: delicious! I hope, I can see you one day in Germany. Thank you very much. Broder
- Just a quick message to say I came to the Slim Chance gig at The Stetson in Ravenshead last month & it was fantastic. I'm only 33 so never got to see the band the first time round but I have loved Ronnie Lane for the last 15 years & couldn't believe his band were playing round the corner from me.
- Thanks for the album. It arrived just before I set off for the Anitpodes. Lovely stuff, ESP From the Late to the Early, one of my favourite Laney songs. Good luck with the record. Best, Billy (Bragg)
- I listened last night. I really love the tracks you've done. You're capturing Ronnie's spirit. Pete (Townshend)
Let the people speak (static version!)
The whole album is drenched in the rollicking joi de vivre that Lane himself channelled so adroitly. A spirit-raising triumph from start to finish.
Viva la Rock
Much more than a nostalgic re-treading of past glories, this is rock'n'roll played as balm for the soul by a band of brothers.
Steve Hunt | fRoots
On The Move sounds like music made with drinks in hand and wide smiles on faces.
Mark Blake | Mojo
Their second LP is an aged-in-the wood delight. They've all done Ronnie proud.
Original Chancers Steve Bingham, Charlie Hart and Steve Simpson convincingly recreate Ronnie's uniquely ruralised, soul-and-groove brand of folk-rock.
Richly garnished by fiddles, bottleneck and accordion, the rejuvenated Slim Chance seem to be emerging with a rough-shod, rollicking sound of their own………..the party is already in full swing.